Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Sunroom

I know that everyone is probably tired of hearing about this sunroom ad nauseum. I'm almost tired of it myself. While we were gone to Spring Creek, the backhoe guy came and dug a trench so that the concrete guy could come and pour the concrete. Once that sets up, then the brick layer can come and lay the brick for the foundation. After that, hopefully, the actual construction of the room can start. Well. The concrete guy was supposed to come yesterday and pour it, but he never showed up. The builders have constructed a cover to put over the dirt where the trench was dug out so that if it rains there won't be a sloppy, muddy mess. Right now outside of my dining room window I see a covered mess of clay dirt. I keep thinking that one of these days I will see a nice sunroom there. I'm looking forward to that day. I know that everyone who is doing any kind of construction or remodeling goes through a period when they think the work will never be done. I think the important thing is to look forward to what you are going to have when it's finished.

We've also had some electrical work done, and right now we are making a decision about the type of heating and air conditioning unit we want to buy to replace our old one. Plus, the new one will be moved to a new loation so that the sunroom can be built. I do see some progress, even though it is slow. Eddie is also going to talk to a roofer. We figured as long as we are having to borrow the money, we might as well get all this stuff done and, hopefully, we won't have to have these major things done to the house anymore, at least for awhile.

No comments: