I haven't meant to wait so long to write in my journal, but we have been really busy for the past week and a half. We are building a sunroom on the back of our house. I'm really excited about it, but it's been a whirlwind of looking at doors and windows, planning, etc. Plus, there have been lots of workmen, etc. around and it's really hard to do anything with so many people around who are not normally there. We are also getting our electrical system up to date. Right now we are apparently a fire hazard. Never mind that fact that the house has been that way for the past 50 or so years without a problem. We are also going to have a new heating and airconditioning unit installed and moved to a new location because right now it's located right where we want to build the sunroom. Eddie has been keeping me informed every step of the way on everything. Which, that's ok, but after awhile my eyes start to glaze over, and I just want to say, "Please. You don't have to tell me every single thing. Let's just get it done." I know it's his way of working through it all and it's methodical, which is good. But, sometimes, with me, it's just information overload and after awhile I just stop listening.
Everyone keeps telling me that I'm going to love it. I hope so. It's so hard to envision what it's going to look like. I just hope that I am going to love it. I have some great plans for it. I would love for it to be a cozy, warm inviting place to take a book and read or just sit in the morning (on the weekends) and have tea or coffee and enjoy the outdoors year round. I also want to be able to sit there and knit. I'm hoping for a nice relaxing atmosphere. I plan to put some plants in there and some furniture. I need to look for some sunroom decorations and examples to give me some ideas. I'll have to look that up on the Internet later or for some magazine articles or books.
Today is my mom's birthday. I talked to her this morning. She was telling me that her nephew called her and my mom gave him a list of things that my aunt had that my mom wants. She just didn't want to go through my aunt's things. She said it would depress her too much. One of the things my mother wants for herself is an Atlanta Braves quilt that I made for my aunt for Christmas a couple of years ago. My aunt was a huge Braves fan. My cousin told my mom that he didn't see it in any of my aunt's things. So, what happened to it? We don't know. We're thinking that maybe someone at the assisted living place misplaced it or maybe my aunt gave it to someone, although we think that's very unlikely since I know she treasured it. My mom is going to the assisted living place and ask them if they can find it. I hope it turns up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment