Friday, December 10, 2004

Tired

I really hate to complain, but this is my journal after all and I have to let it out somewhere. Today I'm really tired. We finally finished the sunroom window treatments and they are installed now. I'm not sure how well I like the shades, but maybe after we get the furniture in there it will look different. At any rate, we have to use them at least for awhile because we sure can't take them back to get our money back. The valances look pretty well. Eddie is sick with an upper respiratory something. He may be having a recurrence of asthma from childhood, and also because he smoked for so many years, he has some lung damage and has chronic bronchitis.

I was even more tired yesterday than I am today. If I had had a choice I would have gone straight home after work yesterday. But, knowing that I had to finish painting my cousin's dog, and that last night was the last class night of the semester, I went to class. When I got home I was exhausted to the point of just wanting to fall into bed without even taking my clothes off. I was sitting at the dining room table doing something and I noticed out of the corner of my eye that Heckle, our cat, was acting strangely. We had put some plastic bags with Christmas gifts in them on the dining room floor to wait until we have time to wrap them. Heckle was on one of them and acting weird. The next thing I knew he was squatting like he was going to pee, and sure enough that's exactly what he was doing. I got him up before he did any damage to the Christmas gifts. When Eddie heard all the commotion, he mentioned that he had seen the wet spots and couldn't figure out where the water had come from. He thought the roof was leaking, and I thought that it better not be because it's a new roof. It turns out it was pee. So, I got all that cleaned up grumbling all the while because I was so tired and that I sure didn't need this. After I got all that cleaned up I noticed that Heckle had just thrown up on the kitchen floor. Then I had to clean that up. After getting Eddie a snack and some medicine, I washed my face, put on my nightgown and got ready for bed. After getting up twice to go the bathroom, I finally went to sleep and slept like a rock. When the alarm went off this morning, I thought, "Already? I just went to bed." To add insult to injury, this morning when I got ready to leave I couldn't find my car keys. What a bummer. Eddie gave me his key and I forgot to ask him if he found mine.

Sheesh! I'm so discombobulated that I can't keep up with anything. I guess everything has been in such disarray at our house for so long that it has just gotten away from me and I can't find anything. And I'm almost to the point of not caring whether I find it or not.

No comments: