One day last week I overheard my boss talking to someone else about a speaker who had been to their church. The speaker was talking about how we each have different artistic abilities that we use to express our creativity and spirituality, whether it be painting, drawing, knitting, crocheting, writing, etc. We express our spirituality and creativity every time we create something using our artistic abilities. The speaker also mentioned a book called Creating Mandalas by Susan F. Fincher. She also mentioned a book called The Artist's Way: a Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity by Julia Cameron. There is a web site Creating Mandalas that tells a little about it.
I have never heard of mandalas before, but it is a way of creating a circle using colors, patterns, drawings, etc. to express our moods at different times. After the mandala is drawn, you learn how to interpret it. Your mandala is supposed to show you how you were feeling the day you drew it. It's all very mysterious and intriguing to me. Our library has ordered a copy of the book and we already had a copy of the The Artist's Way book. Might be something I could look at over the long Christmas vacation. Or I could just sleep. Maybe I'll do both, along with some knitting, reading ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment