Thursday, November 25, 2004

Arched Doorway

I'm so excited! Yesterday when I got home from work I saw that they had made our arched doorway going from the dining room into the sunroom. It is so awesome! I just love it. I'm getting really excited about the sunroom now. The walls are being mudded and smoothed to get ready for the paint. Today Eddie and I looked at the paint sample cards and we have decided on a paint color for the room. It will be a medium sage green, but it's called Ripple Green. I hope and pray it looks on the wall like it does on the sample card. I keep thinking about those people on Weekend Warriors and other redecorating shows that open their paint cans and say, "This doesn't look like what we ordered." I have a fear that we will open our can and it won't look like the card. Even worse, that it will look nothing on the wall like we thought it would. Well, the good thing is, we can paint over it. We would just have to buy more paint, which I guess is not the end of the world. Eddie just gets reluctant when we have to spend more money. I'm hoping he won't say we have to live with it whether we like it or not. We'll see how that goes.

Today we are cooking a ham and I made potato salad to take to my mom's to eat Thanksgiving dinner. She does not like to have turkey and dressing on Thanksgiving, prefering instead to have it at Christmas. After that we will go to Eddie's mom's for awhile this afternoon.

We are going to put white mini blinds on the windows in the sunroom, and I have decided that I'm going to make some valances for each window for extra color and warmth. Once the paint is on the wall and we decide whether we like it or not, I will take the paint and a wallpaper sample from the dining room with me to pick out fabric for the valances. Our dining room has flower patterned wallpaper and we want to have an even flow from the dining room into the sunroom. We don't want any clashing colors, so I think I'm going to look for either a striped or maybe a plaid type fabric for the valances that uses the same colors as our wallpaper. It might be overkill to have two different floral prints. I'll wait on that, though, until we have the paint on the walls and the trim painted and the blinds are up. It's moving right along.

No comments: