Monday, November 15, 2004

Broken Window Blues

We are dead in the water right now with the sunroom. The week before last, the builders were putting the windows in and discovered that one of the windows was broken. When the delivery person for Home Depot came, he had the windows on a pallet. Apparently, when he lowered the pallet to the ground, the window on the bottom broke. Eddie took the window back to Home Depot and it was not a pleasant experience. They told Eddie that it was his reponsibility to make sure the materials were ok before he signed the delivery receipt. He told them that he was disabled and was not able to lift every single window to see if they were all ok. They finally took the window back and have ordered another one for us. They said it would be three weeks before it came. Last week they said it would be there on Wednesday. Wednesday they said it would be there on Friday. Friday they said it would be there tomorrow, Tuesday. Sheesh!! This is getting ridiculous. I guess we should be more patient, but the builders have not worked in almost two weeks. They are waiting for the window to come before they do any more work. My hopes of having our sunroom finished by Thanksgiving are dashed. Now, I'm worried it won't even be finished by Christmas. I want to put my Christmas tree up during the long weekend after Thanksgiving because I'm off for four days. Is my house going to be a dusty mess because of the cutting of the door? I know it's going to be wonderful when it's finished, but this has been going on for so long. I mean, its only one room. How in the heck long would it take to build a whole house? I don't think either one of us would survive it. I know what the problem is. It's the window. If not for that, they would probably already be finished by now and we would be enjoying our room. I wanted to cook for Thanksgiving because I always enjoy eating home then and at Christmas. I hate going out to a restaurant during Thanksgiving. It's so crowded, and not enjoyable at all, but it looks like that's where we'll be going this year. I take that back. My mom has invited us to her apartment to eat Thanksgiving dinner, so we will probably do that.

No comments: