Last night as I was getting ready to go to bed, I was petting Heckle. He was in Eddie's lap, which he prefers to my lap. I love it when Heckle goes to bed when we do. I just love to feel his warm little body next to mine. It's so comforting, somehow. Sometimes he will go to bed when I do and lie next to me and purr while I pet him. It's so calming and comforting and helps me get to sleep on nights when I can't get to sleep easily. Heckle has different places that he will sleep at night. Sometimes he will pick the floor and sleep there for at least a week or more, and then pick another place and sleep there for a week or two. Sometimes, it's the bed and he will sleep with us for awhile. Anyway, last night while I was petting him, I mentioned to Eddie that I wished Heckle would go to sleep with me in the bed, but I said if I take him back to the bedroom, he will probably jump down and either go back to Eddie or to his new sleeping place, which by the way, happens to be our chest of drawers. He jumps on the bed and then jumps from the bed to the chest of drawers. I had a cute little thought that went through my head as I was thinking about taking him to bed with me. It goes like this:
Oh, Kitty, can I lure you to my bed with promises of milk and cheese?
I'm not a poet at all, or even a writer, but that thought went through my head and I decided I would have to write it down somewhere. It sounds like that would be a good first line for a poem of some kind, but my mind sort of went blank after that, so I guess that's all I have right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment