Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Roller Coaster Ride

This sunroom thing is a roller coaster ride. After the construction people came last Thursday and got so much done on the room, we were really encouraged and feeling like something was finally getting done. We anticipated them coming back on Friday and getting alot more done. Our hopes were dashed when they didn't show up on Friday. Eddie was extremely upset. I felt like they probably had another job to do or finish, and that they would be back yesterday. They didn't show yesterday morning either. Eddie asked me to call them instead of him calling because he didn't trust himself not to say something he would regret later. I called and talked to the head construction guy and he said that he thought he had told Eddie last Thursday that he wouldn't be there on Friday because he was going out of town. I just said well maybe Eddie just forgot. He's had so much on his mind lately, it's understandable that he would not remember that. So the construction guy said they were finishing something up and to look for them after lunch yesterday. When I got home they still had not been there.

I'm feeling really down about it now, even though I know they will show up eventually to work on the room. But, there is no rain in the forecast for this whole week and they could get so much done if they would just show up. Eddie said he thinks they have alot of jobs to do and they are spreading themselves out. In other words, they go one day and work on a job, then leave that job for a day or two to go work on another one and so on. I don't understand why they do this. Why not work on one job until it is completely finished and then got to the next one. It's not rocket science. Maybe that's just too easy. Or maybe it's because I'm a woman and I just don't understand these things. Anyway, this whole thing is just wearing us down. If we had not already invested so much time and money we would just say forget it and cut our losses. But, we can't do that now. We are smack in the middle of this and we have no choice but to finish what we started.

If it ever gets finished.

No comments: