Monday, October 23, 2006

Vacation

I must be missing going on vacation. I think it's been 2 or 3 years since we've actually taken a vacation. I mean one where I have taken 2 weeks off and then we've gone someplace for a week like Florida or Myrtle Beach or someplace like that. Or just anywhere that we haven't been to get away for a week. I really like getting away, but it's nice to get back home too.

I know we have been able to go to Spring Creek on a regular basis for the last 4 or 5 years and I guess we've just done that instead of taking our regular vacation every year. Spring Creek is wonderful, but it's just not long enough. It seems like the weekend flies by and then it's back to work on Monday. My cousin (who works for the company that owns Spring Creek) is looking for another job, so depending on how successful he is, we may not get to go there again. I do hope he finds another job if that's what he needs, but I sure will miss Spring Creek.

I guess I wouldn't be feeling this way, but lately, people at work have just been really getting on my nerves. And not my coworkers but some of the students I've had to deal with. Last week there was a patron in our library who came to the desk where I staffing and said something was wrong because he couldn't hear through the headphones he had attached to the computer he was working on. When I went over, he said either that or it's because he is going to die soon and his hearing is going. Well, I have to say that comment freaked me out a little. We've had some strange patrons before, but this one was really different. He seems to be a little high strung and just here, there and everywhere. Anyway, then there are others who want to tell you all of their problems. I'm usually a good listener, but I really don't want to hear about everyone's problems. I'm not being insensitive, I just have enough of my own stuff to deal with. I don't want to hear about all of theirs, especially if it doesn't involve me; and thank goodness it doesn't involve me. I don't get into anyone's business but my own. I'm more of a live and let live kind of girl. So, I guess I'm just feeling the need to get away. We get some time off at Christmas, but frankly I don't know if I can wait that long for some time off. I don't even need to go out of town, although that would be nice. I just need a vacation from work.

No comments: