We are in the process of repainting our bedroom. My cousin is going to help me do it and we are planning to do it over the July 4th holiday, which means that we plan to begin Thursday night after work. I was hoping to start painting the trim this past weekend, but we ended up spending the entire weekend doing prep work. Actually, Eddie did most of the prep work. He said there wasn't really that much I could do anyway at this point, so I was basically useless the whole weekend.
To add more stress we still haven't decided what color we want to paint the room. We want to do a Faux finish which I think it a wonderful finish. I love the effect. What I want is a sponging effect, but my cousin has done this in his living room and it looks great, so he'll be showing me what to do to help him. We have looked at paint samples until our eyes are glazed over. It's overwhelming. I know that once it's all done it will be worth it, but right now it's very frustrating.
This past week I read Twelve Sharp by Janet Evanovich. It was one of the best books I've read in a long time. When I read, I want to be entertained for the most part and any book that makes me laugh out loud is my kind of book. I don't care for books that have horror and blood and gore and all that kind of stuff, although there were a few places in this one that had some, but it was minimal. I love the character Stephanie Plum and I hope Janet doesn't stop writing these. I devoured this one and I can't wait for the next one to come out. She just can't write fast enough to keep me happy. I guess most authors are like that. Maybe I'll start writing a few little stories myself just to keep myself entertained. Nothing plagiaristic, just something for myself to keep me entertained. It might also help me develop my writing skills.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment