This morning when I was making my cereal I noticed that one of the bananas I bought had this Curious George sticker on it. It reminded me of all of the Curious George books. When I was a little girl I remember a story about a monkey that looked similar to Curious George, but I don't think the book was about him. All I remember is that it was an organ grinder monkey. The story went that there was an older lady who was leaving her home one day to catch the bus. She was on her way out her front door when she noticed that the skirt of her dress was caught in her front door. She had already closed the door, so she couldn't get back in. She apparently didn't have her key and the only extra she had was out of reach and under a flower pot on the sill of her wrap around porch. She couldn't figure out what she was going to do, when along came an organ grinder monkey. The monkey helped her out by getting the key for her. She was able to unlock her front door and get her dress out so she would not miss her bus. That's all I remember about the book and I can't remember the title or anything. I wish I could find that book again, just for nostalgia's sake so I could read it again after all these years. I've tried doing searches on the Internet, and I even went to a site once where they look for books like that. You describe your book or story as best you can and sometimes the other readers on the site will remember it and tell you what the story is. I didn't have any luck. Maybe one day I can figure it out.
Tuesday, February 07, 2006
Curious George
This morning when I was making my cereal I noticed that one of the bananas I bought had this Curious George sticker on it. It reminded me of all of the Curious George books. When I was a little girl I remember a story about a monkey that looked similar to Curious George, but I don't think the book was about him. All I remember is that it was an organ grinder monkey. The story went that there was an older lady who was leaving her home one day to catch the bus. She was on her way out her front door when she noticed that the skirt of her dress was caught in her front door. She had already closed the door, so she couldn't get back in. She apparently didn't have her key and the only extra she had was out of reach and under a flower pot on the sill of her wrap around porch. She couldn't figure out what she was going to do, when along came an organ grinder monkey. The monkey helped her out by getting the key for her. She was able to unlock her front door and get her dress out so she would not miss her bus. That's all I remember about the book and I can't remember the title or anything. I wish I could find that book again, just for nostalgia's sake so I could read it again after all these years. I've tried doing searches on the Internet, and I even went to a site once where they look for books like that. You describe your book or story as best you can and sometimes the other readers on the site will remember it and tell you what the story is. I didn't have any luck. Maybe one day I can figure it out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment