Monday, November 07, 2005

Uninspired

I was reading Willa's journal post about writing in the NaNoWriMo in November, and it brought to mind that I'm taking a poetry writing class this semester at the college where I work. I started out being inspired to write poetry for the first time earlier this year. When I found out that the college was going to offer it this fall and I could take it for free because I work there, I decided to give it a try.

I'm really enjoying it, but for about the past 2 or 3 weeks I have lost interest. I have to be inspired to write a poem. I can't just sit down and write one because someone asks me to. It has to come on its own. We are supposed to write a poem every week and then we critique each others' poems. The only person I really appreciate the criticism from is my teacher. I don't know why I've lost interest lately unless it's because I've just not been interested in the type of poetry he wants us to write right now. Also, Christmas is coming up and I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with making gifts. I guess I feel like I'm running out of time and don't have time to write anything. I'm sure that after the first of the year when things settle down, I will begin writing again.

Yesterday I worked on making some greeting card to take to a festival on the river in Demopolis, AL in December. A friend of mine, Susan, is renting a booth in the crafters area and she invited me to go down with her and sell some things. I'm making greeting cards and Christmas ornaments (pictures to come later). I'm really enjoying it, but I have to get this done so I can get back to the Christmas gifts I making.

No comments: