Thursday, June 09, 2005

Troubling News

I received some troubling news yesterday. My mom called to tell me that she had had a free medical test that was offered for seniors by one of our local hospitals. The test was for aneurysms. Her doctor called her yesterday and told her that they had found a small aneurysm in her stomach. I guess it's called an aortic aneurysm. It sounds serious to me. Anything with the word "aneurysm" in it can't be good. I have been researching it some on the Internet on several medical sites and it just doesn't sound good. The doctor wants to schedule for her to have a CAT scan to see how large the aneurysm is and if it's changing in size since the test. She said she might have to have surgery. My mom is concerned and so am I. We just don't know much about it, but we will have to research it and find out what we can.

Please keep us in your prayers.

No comments: