Wednesday, May 11, 2005

The Haunted Bookshop

In every bookstore, small or large, there are books we have not read; books which may have messages of unsuspected beauty or importance. They may be new books, they may be of yesterday, or of long ago.

The store where you found this volume exists in the hope of knowing--and learning--about books. There is no habit more valuable than that of dropping into a bookstore occasionally to look around--to look both inward and outward.

"We have what you need, though you may not know you have it."

-the Haunted Bookshop by Christopher Morley, 1919

Today I discovered two new books to read. I often read Keri's blog
Wish Jar Journal and have always found it to be inspiring to make journal pages, for writing, and reading books. This particular book by Christopher Morley looks very interesting. There are actually two books in the series. The first is Parnassus on Wheels and the second is The Haunted Bookshop. They both sound really interesting and I'm going to either check them out from my library, or buy copies of them.

No comments: