Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Stranger

I have been a stranger for a couple of years to this blog.  I have my other blog for knitting and crochet, but I changed the name of that blog to The Farmer's Granddaughter.  It started out as a craft type blog and then seemed to evolve into something different.  Now, I don't post on that blog very much anymore because it seems that, craftwise, I jump from one project to another.  I don't seem to be able to take photos to post of the projects I'm currently working on.  I'm going to rethink the whole thing and what I'm doing here.  I'm going to try to find a direction of some kind that I feel passionate about and can keep up with.
 
I love blogging.  For the past 23 years I have worked full time and really did not have time to post as often as I wanted to, or else I was just so tired from working all day that I just didn't feel like making the effort to photograph things and post them.  I love blogs with lots of pictures, though, so I really shouldn't expect anything less from my own blog.  I think that is what makes blogs so appealing are the photographs that people take and post.  I have nothing but time, now, so I hope to be taking more pictures, not just of craft projects, but of alot of different things and post them.  I have no excuse for not taking photos because I have about 4 cameras.  I have my large Canon digital camera that I use for taking more professional looking photos.  I have a smaller digital camera that isn't quite as heavy as the Canon and is the first one I ever bought.  Then, last year, I bought a small handheld digital camera to keep because of its portability to keep in my purse so that I wouldn't miss those photo opportunities.  Then, most recently, we got a free Smartphone from our cell phone company and it has Internet access and gives me the ability to take photos and post them to Facebook or email them to myself.  So, I really have no excuse for not taking photos and posting them.  It's probably just laziness on my own part for not doing it.
 
I finally was able to retire from my full time job at the end of February.  It was long awaited and I'm very glad to be retired.  I was so ready and I feel like it was my time.  Everyone has to make their own decision for when that time is right for them.  I turned 60 right before I retired and I thought that was a good time for me to retire.  My pension is not wonderful, but it is a pension and I get to keep my insurance too, so as long as we live within our means and watch our budget, we should be ok until I can start getting Social Security.
 
For the past month, I've mostly been enjoying not having to get up early in the morning to go to work, being at home and not having to be a slave to time and work.  I'm getting to the point that I'm wondering where to go from here.  I seem to be at a loss as to what to do next.  I know I have things that need to be done like cleaning house and going through things, kind of decluttering and trying to simplify at home, but as far as after that, I'm going to have to really think about what I need to be doing.

No comments: