Monday, March 12, 2007

Blaize Clement Website

I've discovered a new author who writes cozy mysteries with an animal theme. I can't wait to get her books and read them.

I really like what she says in her biography about what she thinks about people she meets for the first time.

When I meet somebody for the first time, I don’t give a gnat’s patootie where they were born or what school they went to or how they make their living. I want to know their favorite color, their favorite book, their favorite movie. I want to know what they’re passionate about, what makes them get up every morning, what they believe in.

This is pretty much my philosophy too. I am not impressed with degrees, education, wealth. The things I'm most interested in when meeting people and making friends are how genuine and honest are they? How loyal, what their favorite books are and everything else Blaize Clement said in the above exerpt from her biography.

I guess this must be because I never grew up with educated people. Not that they were ignorant at all, but it's just that all of the people I grew up around were real, genuine, down-to-earth people without pretentions. Just real. No one tried to impress anyone else with their educational level, their salary, or what college or university they went to, or what type of degree they had. We didn't worry about getting ahead and making more money, we just worried about doing an honest days work for what we were paid, and were very happy to be doing it and felt very fortunate to have a job at all.

No comments: