When I first created the Book Journal I thought it would be a good way to help me keep up with what I've read, but I forget to update it half the time anyway, so I may just delete it and forget about it. I read so many books it's hard to keep up with, and anyway, who cares? It's not like everyone is reading my blog anyway. This is really just for me. I chose not to make it public in Blogger or in any special interest groups, so it's my own fault if no one reads it except people I tell about it. Even my friends don't read it on a regular basis unless I tell them about something interesting that I've just posted. I guess I just lead a fairly uninteresting life, to other people anyway. Ok, enough pity party stuff. It's not all about me, after all.
Eddie is going to have his teeth pulled on December 18 (if he doesn't back out). I feel really sorry for him because I know he hates having to have this done, but I know he will be glad when it's over with. I just hope that he can get some dentures that he really likes and that he can wear and that he feels that he looks halfway decent in. Even if he backs out this time, he will just be delaying the inevitable, so he might as well go on and get it done and get it over with.
I'm talking really big since I'm the next one who has to make a decision about what I want to do about my dental problem. I have periodontal disease, according to the periodontist that I went to. I'm in complete denial. Not about the disease so much as I am about the fact that I'm still not convinced that all the surery she wants to do is necessary. At least not at this time. I'm getting a second opinion before I consider having anything done. I'm probably just delaying the inevitable too, but I won't do it until I have to.
Our Christmas tree is up and the house is decorated for Christmas. I'm really enjoying it all. I love to turn on the lights at night and just sit and enjoy them. A friend of ours came to supper last Sunday night and she said it made her feel like she was in a fairy land. That made me really happy when she said that. I sort of feel that way too and wish I could figure out how to have my house look and feel like that all the time. Another friend of ours decorated the fireplace mantle and it's just beautiful.


No comments:
Post a Comment