Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Unsettled

Things have been unsettled lately. There have been several things going on. One of which I don't really want to mention right now. It's one of those things that I started and then wish I had never started it. I have to wait and see the outcome before I post anything about it here.

The other thing is that I have been having some trouble off and on for about a year now with swelling and bleeding around my gum area between my two front teeth. Since I try to take care of my teeth by brushing and flossing every day I couldn't figure out what was going on. Last week I had to go for an emergency visit to my dentist because my gums were so inflamed that my upper lip was swollen too. He took an x-ray and said that I have some kind of pocket or growth in my gums. He's sending me to a perodontist, a gum specialist, for treatment. That appointment is next Wednesday and I'm dreading it, but I'm tired of putting up with my gums bleeding at inopportune times. It just comes without warning, whether I'm in a meeting or whatever. It's very aggravating. The swelling has gone down now, though, thank goodness, but I'll be glad to get it taken care of. I'm just hoping it's something that can fairly easily be removed and nothing serious. I think Eddie and I are the eternal pessimists. We always fear and imagine the worst and anything better than that is good. I guess we get that from our mothers. Both of our mothers are pessimists and I guess hearing so much of it over our lifetime has rubbed off on us. I think we both have a tendency to look at the glass as half empty instead of half full.

The good news is that we are going to Spring Creek this weekend. I leave work at noon on Thursday and we are driving up Thursday afternoon and coming back home sometime Sunday afternoon. I'm looking forward to that. The thing I hate about it is that my cousin is looking for another job and if he finds one we won't be able to go to Spring Creek anymore. I have known for about the past 6 months or so that our days are numbered for going up there, so I treat every trip there as if it were the last one. I don't remember if I mentioned this here, but the company that my cousin currently works for has a retreat called Spring Creek Retreat and they rent it out. Because my cousin works there he and any of his family and friends he invites can go and only pay the cleaning fee. That's substantially less than the regular fee. We really love it there. It's so relaxing and restorative for me. I guess if he finds another job, our group or Eddie and I will have to find another place to go. I have gotten so spoiled since we have been going there. We have not taken a long vacation in several years. We have been going there so much (about twice a year), that we really haven't felt the need for a long vacation like we used to take. Ordinally we would take about a week each year and go to the beach somewhere or just to some place we have never been before. I guess when we can't go to Spring Creek anymore, we'll be going someplace else, hopefully equally as relaxing and enjoyable.

No comments: