Yesterday afternoon a friend of mine called me to see if I wanted to go to Hobby Lobby with her. We remembered that Hobby Lobby is closed on Sundays, so we decided to see if there were any antique shops or anything like that open. We did find an antique shop open and we were browsing around and I found this really old, musty smelling book called The Provencial Lady by E. M. Delafield. It's a 1942 edition from Macmillan and Son, Ltd., London. It was really dirty and looked like it had been in a fire, but I was intrigued by it so I bought it for $1.00 and brought it home and cleaned it up as best I could. It contains four books in this one volume. Diary of a Provencial Lady; The Provincial Lady Goes Further; The Provencial Lady in America; The Provincial Lady in Wartime.
I started reading the first one Diary of a Provencial Lady last night and was really intrigued by the language and way of life back then. I like reading diaries, so I'm hoping this will be enjoyable. It has been so far. I really like the cover on this book. It was really dirty and musty and I took it off the front of the book, where it had apparently been glued at one time. Either that, or just so old, it had adhered itself to the book. I think I may put it into my journal at home.

No comments:
Post a Comment