It sounds like a song. My brother, Dennis, called me on my birthday last Saturday. I was excited to find out that his son is getting married in Tennessee in May. My nephew lives in North Carolina, but the girl he's marrying has parents who live in Tennessee, so that's where the wedding is going to be. In a place called Mountain City, TN. I've never heard of it, but after looking at a map I found out that it's in the upper northwest area of the state. It's right on the TN line near North Carolina.
What all this means for me is that I will get to see my half-brother (we have the same dad, but different mothers) whom I have not see since my dad died in 1993, which was 13 years ago. Eddie and I are driving from Chattanooga up to Mountain City, which is around 5 or 6 hours, I guess depending on how much you stop along the way, and my brother is driving from Illinois, and that will take him about 11 or 12 hours at least. He lives about an hour outside of Chicago.
We just live so far apart that we never have seem to have the time or the money to visit one another. I guess we could get together more if we really tried, but somehow we just don't do it. I don't really know why. I'm just glad that we are going to get together soon.
On another note, I was looking through the New York Times Book Review and found a book called "The Velveteen Principles" by Toni Raiten-D'Antonio. It's based on "The Velveteen Rabbit". The web site has alot of links, and there was an article that I really enjoyed on being Real. The books looks intriguing, so I ordered a boxed set that has "The Velveteen Rabbit" and "The Velveteen Principles".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment